Q: Oil blow out everywhere?

asked by on June 08, 2017

My 1994 Toyota pickup with l4 2.4l blow oil everywhere what would cause this?

Hello, This suggests you may have a leak resulting from a failing gasket somewhere in your engine or a leak that has developed as a result of too much oil pressure in a specific location in the motor. As you know, there are many different places in your motor that are sealed by gaskets. Gaskets can fail over time due to excessive heat and will eventually shrink causing them to fail and leak. Gaskets can also fail when the oil pressure in a given place in the motor that is sealed by a gasket is too great for the gasket to contain. These types of leaks are more noticeable when the engine is running and oil is under pressure rather than oil simply leaking due to gravity as a result of a failed gasket. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and repair your oil leak.