Q: Car will not move - 2007 Ford

car starts but will not go

Hello, thanks for writing in. You don’t indicate whether the engine stalls when you put it in gear, or if the car simply does not move when put in gear. If the engine is stalling or does not produce power, I would recommend having the car’s stalling condition diagnosed by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, for this scenario. If the car will not move when you put the transmission in any gear, the first thing to check for low fluid level in the transmission.

If that is not the problem, then I would recommend having the car’s loss of power inspected by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs. Otherwise, feel free to resubmit another more detailed question explaining your loss of power more specifically if you’d like a more in-depth response. Best of luck!