Q: Car went out of gear at a traffic light - 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt

while sitting at a red light the car seemed to go out of gear. It drove fine before that,no slipping or anything . It still has reverse but now when i put it in drive and give it a little gas it will start to move forward, what do you think the problem could be?

Hello there. Many different faults will cause your 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt to lose forward gears. The most common is low transmission fluid, transmission leak, shift solenoid, torque converter, or shift linkage.

A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose why your vehicle does not move forward and make any repairs required to resolve the issue.