Q: Car was overheating will turn over but not crank is it okay to put water in if it's cooled dwn with out it

My car began to over heat I pulled over it will crank but not start up is it okay to add water if it's cooled off ?

Give it extra time (like 1 hr +) to cool down before adding any coolant, then trickle the coolant slowly into the radiator/coolant recovery tank. It doesn’t take very much cold water (at one time) against a hot block to get a cracked block. If you are still having trouble with this, I would recommend having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the overheating issue in person so that this can be repaired properly.

3. Car was overheating will turn over but not crank is it okay to put water in if it's cooled dwn with out it