Q: Car was overheating will turn over but not crank is it okay to put water in if it's cooled dwn with out it

My car began to over heat I pulled over it will crank but not start up is it okay to add water if it's cooled off ?

Give it extra time (like 1 hr +) to cool down before adding any coolant, then trickle the coolant slowly into the radiator/coolant recovery tank. It doesn’t take very much cold water (at one time) against a hot block to get a cracked block. If you are still having trouble with this, I would recommend having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the overheating issue in person so that this can be repaired properly.

• Car was overheating will turn over but not crank is it okay to put water in if it's cooled dwn with out it