Q: Car turns over, but cannot start. 2000 Jaguar XJ8

In the last few months the car developed starting problems. It would only start sporadically. Now, it turns over but cannot be started. What should I do?

Hello. There are several inspections that would need to be completed in order to determine why your car is not starting. It will be necessary to check the fuel pressure and fuel pump for proper operation. The spark plugs and spark plug wires will need to be checked to make sure they are receiving the proper spark. The crankshaft position sensor and camshaft position sensor will also need to be inspected. If the crankshaft sensor or camshaft sensor is not working properly, this may cause a no start problem if the spark plugs are not receiving the proper spark. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come and inspect your car in order to pinpoint the problem.