Q: Car starts up then cuts off two seconds later in cold weather

Also i have a snow icon on the dash that lights up

A: Anytime a car doesn’t want to idle, the fir...

Anytime a car doesn’t want to idle, the first thing you want to do is check for air leaks. There are a handful of vacuum lines and large rubber molded parts under the hood that air passes through and if any air is getting into these from the outside, the car will have trouble idling. Look under the hood at all the rubber parts and hoses and make sure everything is connected and there are no cracks or leaks. Otherwise, there may be a problem in a temp sensor or an air sensor that is not allowing the car to compensate for the cold weather. An engine needs about 20-30 % more fuel to start and run cold than it does when it is hot, so the sensors are there to tell the ECU to enrich the mixture. Properly diagnosing this kind of problem requires that you have the right equipment. If you contact Your Mechanic, they can send a qualified technician to come to your home or office and check out your car and advise you as to what steps need to be taken to fix it. As for the snowflake icon, It is supposed to come on at low outside temps. It’s intended as a warning about possible ice on the road and wont have anything to do with your stalling problem.