Q: Car starts up then cuts off two seconds later in cold weather

Also i have a snow icon on the dash that lights up

3. Car starts up then cuts off two seconds later in cold weather

Q: Odometer malfunctioning, ABS light on constantly

On the Volvo 850, there is a plastic gear on the odometer/trip meter unit inside the instrument cluster that is known to wear out. The instrument cluster will have to be removed, disassembled, and the gear replaced to correct the...

Q: Why would one of my belts in my 2004 Volvo S40 get really thin

Hello. If the belt itself suddenly got really thin that is usually because the belt is old and has become brittle. When this occurs the belt will crack and start to come apart. Most of the time it splits in...

Q: My engine rattles and klinks loudly and when I drive it won't go over 20 mph , i don't know what to do, some one help me

Hello, and thank you for writing in. The first thing we need to do is identify the cause of the noise. Rattling is usually related to a broken timing chain, a drive belt or pulley issue, or more serious issue...