Q: Car starts up then cuts off two seconds later in cold weather

Also i have a snow icon on the dash that lights up

3. Car starts up then cuts off two seconds later in cold weather

Q: when shifting from gear to gear it barely catches so the rpms race high un til i let off gas and let car gradually go

Wow, manual transmission Volvo's are really hard to find. It sounds like you have a slipping clutch. This is pretty normal behavior for a worn out clutch, and with 170,000 miles, it's due for it. I would suggest having the...

Q: Why would one of my belts in my 2004 Volvo S40 get really thin

Hello. If the belt itself suddenly got really thin that is usually because the belt is old and has become brittle. When this occurs the belt will crack and start to come apart. Most of the time it splits in...

Q: Q: Instrument cluster not working.

Hi. One of the instrument cluster power supplies comes directly from the ignition switch, which is also bolted to the ignition lock cylinder housing. It is possible that either the ignition switch is faulty or that the wiring on the...