Q: Q: Car starts then dies

Ran a diagnostic no codes so what could the problem be. I replaced both crankshaft sensors diagnostic shows no codes still comes up clean

Hello. Start by inspecting the rubber boot going from the air filter box to the engine. There may be a crack or tear in the smaller finger off of the boot towards the engine.

You may also have a mass air flow sensor that is reading low. You would need a scan tool to read this value. At idle it should be reading at least 4 grams per second.

You may have an air intake leak elsewhere which can be diagnosed by either using a diagnostic smoke machine to inject smoke into the engine to find a leak, or spray the engine with brake cleaner in various areas while it is running to listen for a change in the RPM to find a vacuum leak.

Diagnosing this problem will require a visual inspection and possibly advanced diagnostic tools. A certified mobile mechanic from YourMechanic can visit your home or office to inspect why your vehicle turns off and provide any necessary repairs.

3. Q: Car starts then dies