Q: Car starting intermittently

My car only starts some of the time. The battery had been replaced and charging it only gives it life for a few days at most.

A: Hi there. Historically, the alternator on t...

Hi there. Historically, the alternator on these vehicles has been known to short circuit resulting in fires, according to a technical bulletin, 10117A, dated July 2010. The generator/Alternator may be defective and will need to be replaced if that is the case. This could be the cause of your problem because if the battery is checked to be okay, the electrical draw is due to the alternator. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect for possible electrical problems with your vehicle and replace any damaged parts.