Q: Car stalls when idle but there is no check engine light.

asked by on March 27, 2018

My car has been having stalling issues for over a year now. Throughout all this time the car has gotten a new fuel pump, cleaned fuel injectors, new spark plugs, new battery and alternator, changed MAF sensor and even changed my entire catalytic converter. The other day going to work it stalled again after being fine for a month after the catalytic converter replacement. There is no check engine light. I took it back to the mechanic again and he told me there is nothing he can find wrong with the car. What else could he the problem? How else should i proceed? Should i even bother fixing this car again or just sell it?

You may need to have the computer monitored while driving to see if there is problems in the transmission or computer sensors? Some aftermarket scanners cannot access all systems and may need to have a more advanced scanner to do the tests to see what is causing the stall.