Q: Car stalls, but the problem can not be found

I was stopped and started accelerating when, without any warning, my car stalled. It took multiple attempts before the car would restart. This problem has been recurring on an intermittent basis. I have taken it to the dealer where they diagnosed it, however they could not find any problem. What do I need to do in order to find a solution for my car’s stalling problem?

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 2015 Volvo XC60. Intermittent concerns are by far the most difficult to diagnose. Clogged fuel filters often cause similar performance problems as well as poor signals from failing throttle position or engine speed sensors. The vehicle may need to be left in the hands of a technician for a case study to determine the problem. Fuel pressure and sensor readings must be monitored during operation. If you would like to have this looked at a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to test the vehicle and diagnose the stalling issue.

3. Car stalls, but the problem can not be found