Q: Car stalls and shuts off after restart - 1994 Dodge Spirit

My car has gone close to 200,000 miles and it has been stalling ocassionally. When it started stalling for the first time, it occurred unexpectedly while I was stopped in traffic. Lately, it's been happening during driving. The other day, I failed to restart the car after it stalled out. I took the car to the shop but they couldn't find the cause. They only had the vacuums checked. Do you have any ideas?

A: Hello. Most of the time this is caused by d...

Hello. Most of the time this is caused by dirty fuel injectors or a dirty throttle body. I usually check these first and clean them if they are dirty. If they are fine, then the fuel mixture needs to be checked as too much fuel will cause this. Also, if the engine has not been tuned up for some time, then this will also occur. If you want to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the stalling problem and guide you with the correct repairs.