Q: car shut off while driving and now will not crank

asked by on October 15, 2017

I went to a store, sat in car idling for 10 minutes then drove maybe half a mile. I stopped at a stop sign. started pulling off the car suddenly slowed up, the traction control light flashed on dashboard, the engine died. The engine had a burning plastic smell on the left side (opposite of battery side). Trying to recrank it, the engine light flashes very fast and the car does nothing. the lights & radio works. When you turn the car on the ding sound now is very light and the only gauge working is the battery all other gauges aren't moving.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Based on your description this might be some sort of major electrical failure. Inasmuch as the car is not starting at all now, you can request a no start diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will simply determine what has gone wrong and advise you as to the required repairs. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr