Q: Car shifts erratically and hesitates when accelerating

The Check Engine light is on; traction control needs servicing. It is also shifting erratically and hesitates when I accelerate.

Hello. When the Check Engine Light comes on in your car, it will automatically turn off other systems like the traction control. Depending on why the light is on, it may also cause shifting problems. I would typically start with scanning the computer for codes to see what the computer is reading. It sounds like a vehicle speed sensor problem or an air flow sensor issue. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the shifting issues and other problems your vehicle is encountering.