Q: Car ran hot with water in it, air was comin from the engine

My 1993 Honda Accord ran real hot wit water in it. Started driving a little funny too so I pulled over and opened hood and sounded like air was coming from engine. What could be wrong?

A: Hi there. The engine’s head gasket is proba...

Hi there. The engine’s head gasket is probably burnt and causing the engine to overheat. The sound you are hearing is the water when it boils and creates steam. The steam is leaking out of the engine into the radiator. After the engine has cooled down, squeeze the upper radiator hose for any pressure. If there is no pressure, then remove the radiator cap and start the engine.

Get a block tester from the parts store. Put the blue fluid into tube and install the plunger. Place the block tester over the radiator inlet where the cap was and squeeze the plunger to suck in the steam (Note: squeeze only steam). If the fluid changes color to orange, yellow, or green, then the head gasket is blown.

After you are done with using gloves put on the radiator cap then turn off the engine. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to assist with diagnosing your overheating problem.