Q: Car not starting

My car will not start. The timing chain may not be properly timed.

A: Hello! First I would suggest to have a mech...

Hello! First I would suggest to have a mechanic check the timing of the engine. To check the timing the technician would use a timing light to see if the timing is within tolerance. Timing chains usually don’t develop any timing issues since the chain strong and secured to the engine. That being said I suspect the issue is other than the timing chain.

I suggest having a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the vehicle first hand to get a better understanding of the current vehicle behavior. The first vital things a car needs to start is a good starter and battery. I suggest checking those two items first especially the starter and starter components like the starter relay.

If you have any other questions, or would like a mechanic to help you fix your no start issue, feel free to contact YourMechanic to have a mechanic fix your car at your home or office.