Q: Q: Car not starting

My 2009 dodge charger police edition wont start. I had a audio system installed and rode around all day. The next morning I went to start it and nothing. Is it possible that my system had installed would be the cause of this. Also, I was told that my ignition starter switch went out. How is that possible?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The new stereo system can be the cause, although the timing is off a little. The ignition switch will also cause the vehicle not to start. Consider the symptoms you are having, you should start by looking into the battery and charging system. It sounds like the new stereo system may be bleeding power from the battery when it sits for a while. This would be why it would start after you have just been running it, but not after it sits. Stereo systems have all different kinds of specifications and circuity needs. Test the system to see if it is pulling power when the car is off. Take corrective action or further diagnosis from there. For further help resolving the issue, contact our service department.

3. Q: Car not starting