Q: Car not starting after turning off engine

My car will not start after I shut off the engine. It acts like the safety-interlock, requiring the brakes to be applied when starting, is malfunctioning. The car has brand new plugs, wires, distributor cap, and rotor. I checked for trouble codes and didn't see any. After driving the car for one block, it shut off and would not restart. It acts like there is no spark, and the brake-ignition-interlock sometimes chatters rather than clicking, as normal. I've tried starting in neutral, and have disconnected the battery, but it still won't turn over and acts like it has no spark.

Hello. With the way you describe what has happened, with the car stalling and not starting, that it won’t turn over and acts like it has no spark, leaves me confused. If the engine does not turn over, there will be no spark. You are going to need the aid of a mechanic, who can diagnose your car starting issue since there are many variables for a car not to start.