I need to disassemble the engine compartment fuse box and...

I need to disassemble the engine compartment fuse box and cant find how to Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the Mechanic to help find that for your car. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to kn...

I need to disassemble the engine compartment fuse box and cant find how to Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the Mechanic to help find that for your car. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know? Im replacing the aux battery post

Automotive Expert
Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for contacting us for assistance with your vehicle. I'm Pete. I will be happy to assist you with your question. May I ask to whom I have the pleasure of speaking with today?

Im Chris
Automotive Expert
Hello Chris. Nice to hear from you today! I'm sorry to hear you are having this problem. I know this can be frustrating. Can you tell me the year, make, and model of your vehicle so I can see if I have the information you're looking for with this fuse panel?

It s a 1994 chevy caprice classic wagon. Engine is 5.7. Trying to replace the auxillary battery terminal on the engine compartment fuse box.
Automotive Expert
Is there any way you can take a picture of what you're trying to replace and upload it to me here? There should be a paper clip icon or similar on your end to upload a photo. If this is not an option let me know.

OkThat's mine

Customer attachment 2/12/2021 12:12:03 PM

Trying to take it apart
Automotive Expert
Do you have the battery disconnected?

all power is disconnected. Even to the fuse box. The terminal is burnt.
Automotive Expert
Thank you for your reply and that information as this does help me better understand the situation. Please give me one moment to type out some info for you. I’ll be right back! Thank you for holding Chris! O.k., my information is not showing exactly how this fuse panel comes apart, I suspect this is due to the year of the vehicle as some of the repair information is phased out as a vehicle becomes older. Looking at your picture you sent I see tabs on the sides of the fuse panel, those tabs are usually pushed in or carefully pried out to release the top half of the fuse panel from the bottom half to separate it. I also recommend inspecting the bottom of the fuse panel for any screws or clips that need to be removed. The fuse panel will be difficult to separate because of the wiring underneath it. So it will take releasing those tabs and carefully pulling up on the top half to release it at the same time.
Automotive Expert
Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so please let me know if there is anything more I can do.
Automotive Expert
Glad I could be of some help! I hope everything works out well for you! If there are any additional questions on this issue that should arise, please feel free to reply and ask! Thank you for choosing Just Answer for your questions. Have a great day!

Sorry im at work
Automotive Expert
No problem. If you need anything else let me know!

Wagons ruining again. Thanks for the help
Automotive Expert
You're most welcome!