Q: Car making excessive noise

My car is making excessive noise when driving on highway. I think it could be an exhaust issue. The noise is not always present, but happens most often when driving around 70 MPH.

Hi there. If I had a description of the noise I could help you better. If the noise is a growling or grinding noise then it may be a tire or bearing problem. I would have the tires rotated to see if the noise changes. If it does then it is the tires. If not, then the bearings should be inspected. If the vehicle is all wheel drive it is also common for the transfer case to fail and cause this. Getting the vehicle in the air and running will be the only way to tell for sure. If you plan on having the vehicle looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the vehicle’s noise.

3. Car making excessive noise