Q: Car making a loud knocking noise

My car is making a loud knocking noise.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. Unfortunately, without hearing the noise myself it is hard to make an accurate recommendation. The first thing that needs to be determined is the type of noise that is present and the possible sources. Rattling or knocking noises while driving, especially over bumps can be caused by worn or damaged suspension components or worn strut mounts. Knocking noises from the engine area could be caused by worn or damaged engine components. If the noise is resonating from the front of the engine, a possible belt pulley or tensioner could be the cause. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will be able to inspect the noise and recommend the proper repair to eliminate the sound.