Q: Car makes noise when shifting into 6th gear

My car makes a buzzing noise when shifting into 6th gear. The noise lasts for 1 or 2 seconds. The car shifts into gears through 5 okay. What should I do about this? I plan to go on a long road trip next week.

A: There is a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB)...

There is a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) about this exact issue: TSB number 09-11-3, which states that the transmission cooler lines can come in contact with the body of the vehicle during shifts, causing this noise. I would have a qualified technician check the transmission cooler lines to see if they are making the noise, and perform the update of the cooling lines if necessary.