Q: Car makes noise when shifting into 6th gear

My car makes a buzzing noise when shifting into 6th gear. The noise lasts for 1 or 2 seconds. The car shifts into gears through 5 okay. What should I do about this? I plan to go on a long road trip next week.

There is a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) about this exact issue: TSB number 09-11-3, which states that the transmission cooler lines can come in contact with the body of the vehicle during shifts, causing this noise. I would have a qualified technician check the transmission cooler lines to see if they are making the noise, and perform the update of the cooling lines if necessary.

3. Car makes noise when shifting into 6th gear