Car jerks while driving got a 2006 Ford explorer. v6-4.0l...

Q: Car jerks while driving got a 2006 Ford explorer.

asked by on November 17, 2017

Okay my 06 explorer recently started jerking when driving, first it was when going into 2nd gear now 3rd and back to 2nd now I hear like a winding noise sometimes and now leaking a little coolant HELP PLEASE me and the family need our vehicle

Hi Angel. Thanks for contacting us tonight. Usually, when a car jerks while it’s driving or during a shift, it’s due to either a fuel/ignition problem with the engine or a restriction of transmission fluid. The coolant leak is likely a non-related issue but should be found and fixed before it causes an overheating problem - which will likely seriously damage the vehicle’s engine. I think your best bet - to save money and to ensure the right repairs are completed, is to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete an engine hesitation inspection. This will permit them to determine what repairs are needed, so you can continue driving the vehicle.