Q: Car jerks at a steady speed.

Ok so I have been having issues. My car has been jerking slightly while I'm keeping it at a steady speed. Such as 45 mpg. I have replace the throttle position sensor and the speed sensor on the tranny. Still no good. I don't know what else can cause this. Perhaps could it be a clogged fuel filter or injector!

This may be a sign of a dirty or failing mass air flow sensor. The mass air flow sensor is a unit in the intake system that monitors air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. When this is dirty or faulty, this causes an imbalanced air/fuel load to be supplied to the motor which results in an over fueling or under fueling situation depending on the conditions. This type of inconsistent fuel supply to the motor may cause a hesitation, loss of power, a jerking reaction, potentially a bit of black exhaust smoke and typically a strong smell of fuel when this sensor is malfunctioning. When this is not working properly, you may also notice a strong smell of fuel. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose your mass air flow sensor.

3. Car jerks at a steady speed.