Q: Car is losing power after driving a few miles. Any suggestions as to what could be causing this?

Car is losing power after driving a few miles. Any suggestions as to what could be causing this?

Hi there. There are typically two systems that cause an engine to loose power - ignition and fuel. The first step would be to have a professional mechanic download any stored error codes from the ECU on your ’96 Cadillac. From there, they can determine if a bad fuel pump, damaged ignition coil or distributor, or other fuel system components and sensors are the source for the engine stalling.

If you need some assistance with this, feel free to contact one of the professional mechanics from YourMechanic who can complete a stalling inspection. By completing this service, a lot of the guess work can be reduced; saving you time, money and frustration.

3. Car is losing power after driving a few miles. Any suggestions as to what could be causing this?