Q: Car has problem starting. It won't crank.

My car is having problems starting. Recently got a new battery but there is battery acid around the connections.The car will start fine somedays, but out of nowhere, when I try to start the car it won't crank. The lights on the dashboard come on but it makes no noise.

This may suggest a faulty wiring problem or potentially a faulty starter relay. This is a unit that directs power from the battery to the starter solenoid which then engages the starter when you turn the key. When this is not working properly, you may notice intermittent starting problems as you describe. Generally, when this does fail, it does so very randomly and usually without warning other than intermittent starting. The power from the battery will still power other accessories such as radio, horn, etc., but you may not have any power to the starter. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and replace your starter relay.