Q: Car has a low engine knock

What is a low engine knock on this vehicle and what causes it and how easy or hard is it to fix?

Is it sth that i need to worry about if im buying a used vehicle which has been fixed?

Hello there, many faults will cause an engine knock. Generally fixing a knock is a rather in depth repair, and if it is due to low oil or engine wear can require an engine rebuild. If you are thinking of purchasing a vehicle with an engine knock you should have a professional technician inspect the vehicle before to determine how serious the problem is. A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to perform a used vehicle inspection and asses the vehicle for you. You’ll be able to make an informed decision on the purchase once this is done.

3. Car has a low engine knock