Q: Car doesn't start after sitting for two years.

My car has been sitting for about two years. I had the oil changed, a new battery, and new spark plugs put in. When I try to start it, the car turns over, but doesn't start.

A: Make sure the vehicle has good fuel. Old fu...

Make sure the vehicle has good fuel. Old fuel will tend not to facilitate proper ignition and therefore the engine will not run. Once old fuel is drained and fresh fuel is put in try to start the vehicle. Listen for fuel pump operation during cranking. If the fuel pump is not operating a new fuel pump or relay may be needed. Faults can be read out of the engine computer with a scan if the vehicle will not start. Fuel pressure, ignition system, and air management system must be checked to ensure all systems are operating properly for a cold start. Enlist the help of a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, to assist in diagnosis and repair.