Q: Car dies when put into gear

Car turns on stays on if u give it gas and sometimes dies out on its own but once u move it into gear it dies out

A: Hi there. From the description you have giv...

Hi there. From the description you have given, of your vehicle’s engine dieing, it could be several things. Assuming, there is no Check Engine Light on, leads me to believe, the vehicle computer is not recognizing the fault. It could be, the idle air control valve is dirty or has failed. It could be, the MAF (mass airflow sensor) is not calculating the incoming air. It could be a fuel delivery problem, low fuel pressure due to a faulty fuel pump, and/or plugged fuel filter. Given, there are more possibilities. I recommend your vehicle’s issue with dieting when put into gear be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician from YourMechanic.