Q: Car cuts off while driving.all power is off when this happens. Wont crank or do anything until time has passed

When riding not, when parked and running, car will cut off radomly we think its when the ignition relay under hood gets hot and not start until relay has cooled. When I say not start I mean no acc no lights no anything. Changed so many parts. Crank position sensor ign switch. MAF. Car runs and starts great when it starts. No hesitation no nothing. One of the mechanics said they switched relays so another used one ima buy a new one and see what happens. 4042760547 rico. Alexander.delrico@gmail.com Thank you

A: Hi there: If your Impala is shutting off u...

Hi there:

If your Impala is shutting off under different conditions as it appears in your question; the issue is most likely going to be fuel restriction or ignition system component failure. The ignition relay could be faulty as one mechanic suggested, however, because there are so many different possible issues, you should have a professional mechanic complete a car start and then dies inspection. This will allow them to pinpoint the source of your Impala's troubles so the right repairs can be made.