Q: Car chokes, shakes, and shuts down

The ABS light, brake light, battery light, and service light are all on, but after the car has been running for 15 minutes, it starts to choke, chug, shake, and then shuts down. We just put a new battery.

The symptoms you describe lead me to believe that your Subaru is experiencing electrical issues. It is possible that the computer has a bad connection or that it is possibly starting to fail. To be 100% certain, I would enlist the assistance of a certified mechanic to go over the vehicle in person. They will be able to determine exactly why your Subaru Forester is experiencing the several lights that you’ve mentioned and diagnose the cause of your engine shutting down on you.

3. Car chokes, shakes, and shuts down