Q: Car acts like it's attempting to stall when cranked and won't allow me to hit throttle.

When I crank the car it cranks but asks like it's attempting to stall. I attempted to hit the throttle but the car won't idle up as if the throttle does nothing. I tried unhooking the battery hoping it would reset something and work but it did not.

Hi, thanks for writing in. This may be likely related to a fuel or spark issue. The first question is whether or not the engine fires at all. If it does, then we know we have a fuel supply issue and not a spark problem. If it does not fire, this is likely related to a spark issue which could be many things such as a faulty crank sensor or cam sensor, or potentially a bad ignition coil or module. If the car does fire and this is related to a lack of fuel supply, this may also be many different things such as a faulty mass airflow sensor or idle air control valve. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

• Car acts like it's attempting to stall when cranked and won't allow me to hit throttle.