Q: Oil pressure repair cost, Oil Light comes on, and Check Engine Light is on - code P0022

When I drive the vehicle the oil light start flashing and stay on and off then on at higher speed and off again and stay on . The mil came on also code p0022

Hello. From what you describe, it would appear that your vehicle may be experiencing oil issues. P0022 is the trouble code for an issue with camshaft A - excessively retarded timing. This can occur if the cam position sensor, actuator, or timing solenoid go bad or have an issue. The solenoid and actuator operate using oil pressure and can have issues if the oil runs low or the components get dirty.

The Oil Light comes on when the computer detects that the oil pressure or level has dropped below safe levels. If the light continuously flashes, especially at higher speeds, I would recommend you stop driving the vehicle until the issues are resolved, as continuing to drive with oil issues may lead to serious engine damage. If the oil is indeed low, it may be part of the reason for the camshaft malfunction.

As there is the possibility of serious damage occurring, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to properly diagnose the cause of the Oil Light coming on and suggest the needed repairs.

• Oil pressure repair cost, Oil Light comes on, and Check Engine Light is on - code P0022