Q: Cannot get my car to start.

My car won't start and I don't know what is wrong. Why won't my car start?

Does the engine crank when you turn the key? If the engine does not crank then you most likely have a problem with your battery or starter. There are a several possible causes for why your engine would crank, but not start. Your engine needs several things in order to run properly. Fuel from the fuel tank, spark from the ignition system to ignite the fuel, and pressure in the cylinders generated by the pistons moving up and down to make your engine run. When your engine cranks and doesn’t start you are missing one of those components. The most common problem is lack of fuel. This can be caused by a faulty fuel pump or something as simple as a blown fuse. I would recommend that you contact a certified technician to properly diagnose why your engine will not start.