Q: can't locate MAP sensor on 1988 Chevy Corsica.

Corsica was not listed so I chose cavalier. It's a 1988 Chevy Corsica & I can't locate the MAP sensor. Flashing code 33.

The MAP sensor is on the intake plenum. They are pretty reliable and GM MAP sensors do not commonly fail. It is actually possible for Code 33 (OBD-I) to set due to erratic engine vacuum which is in turn due to engine performance problems (that is the sensor may be perfectly good and the issue lies elsewhere). The sensor, as well as intake vacuum, should be directly tested prior to contemplating replacement of the MAP sensor. An option for you is to request a check engine light diagnostic during which a certified mechanic from YourMechanic would test the appropriate individual vehicle components or sub-systems to pinpoint the reason why the check engine light illuminated. If a faulty part or component is identified during such a diagnostic, it is explained to your satisfaction and the mechanic will let you know of the cost to repair. If you schedule the recommended diagnostic, the mechanic will resolve this promptly for you and all on a mobile basis right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns as you decide what to do, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. can't locate MAP sensor on 1988 Chevy Corsica.