Q: Can't get past 3,000 RPMs in any gear. Starts jumping when it hits 3,000. Wondering what would cause that.

Replaced the fuel filter a while back, as well as the air/fuel gasket. Hasn't fixed the issue. My guess is a problem with the fuel pump. Also, in serious need of a tune-up. Runs great other than not being able to get above 3,000rpms so large hills or passing lanes are difficult to maneuver. No knocking, nothing peculiar. Just the rpm issue, which feels like it's just not getting enough fuel.

The first step to diagnosing a suspected fuel delivery issue is to check the fuel pressure. The manufacturer has set a specification for what the fuel pressure should be. If the fuel pressure is lower than what the manufacturer recommends, it is likely that the fuel pump, fuel filter, or other part of the fuel system has an issue. Consider YourMechanic as a certified professional can come to your home or office to determine the cause of of your fuel delivery issue.

• Can't get past 3,000 RPMs in any gear. Starts jumping when it hits 3,000. Wondering what would cause that.