Q: Can't do case relearn due to the scan tool not recognizing its in park. Gear indicator goes out on PN31. Changed nss no change.

Can't do case relearn due to the scan tool not recognizing its in park. Gear indicator light goes out on PN31. The light on PARK is on when i first start the truck. Goes out 3 seconds later. Flashes when i pass NEUTRAL, but not if i stop on it.Changed nss no change. Also changed instrement cluster with no change. Plz help. Thank you.

A: Disconnect and check the ECM and switch con...

Disconnect and check the ECM and switch connector on the transmission. Make sure the connectors are clean and free of any corrosion and apply dielectric grease to the connections. The harness and connections are known to get fretting corrosion that can cause intermittent loss of connection and cause various problems in the electrical systems. You may have to do this for all of the modules in the vehicle to correct the condition.

I’d consider getting assistance from a professional mechanic, they will be able to diagnose these electrical issues firsthand and fix it accordingly.