Q: Can i put a 77 buick lesabre engine in a 88 chevy 1500 with 700R4 transmission

My uncle gave me a v8 4.9L or 5.7L out of his 1977 Buick Le saber before he scrapped it. It has only 33xxx original miles and i want to know if i can swap my 305 with 179xxx out for this one in my 1988 Chevy K1500 4x4 with a new 700R4 transmission.

Hi there. I’m sure the GM motor will be compatible with your truck, however, you will most likely have fitting issues with transmission, fuel and ignition system components. Since our mobile mechanics don’t provide engine swap services, you might be better served to contact a local engine swap shop to see what you need to fabricate to make this project work.

3. Can i put a 77 buick lesabre engine in a 88 chevy 1500 with 700R4 transmission