Q: Camshaft sensor going out.

I am having either TDM or PCM issues. I might need a camshaft sensor replaced.

You didn’t say what kind of issues you were having that leads you to believe you have a failed camshaft sensor. The camshaft sensor is used to determine when top dead center occurs on the compression stroke. The sensor on your vehicle has 3 wires and appears to be what is called a Hall Effect sensor. This type of sensor receives a 5-volt reference voltage from the powertrain control module (PCM) and then sends a pulse signal back to the PCM regarding camshaft position. The sensor can be tested with a multimeter, scan tool or oscilloscope. A trained technician, such as one from YourMechanic, has the proper equipment to diagnose your vehicle.

3. Camshaft sensor going out.