Where is my oil level sensor on a 2014 cadillac xts

Where is my oil level sensor on a 2014 cadillac xts Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered? Oil level sensor Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fix...

Where is my oil level sensor on a 2014 cadillac xts Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered? Oil level sensor Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XTS yourself? What have you tried so far? Yes i cant find the sensor Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? No i just need to know where the sensor is

Automotive Expert
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer.I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. I will do my best to help you resolve them. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. The oil level sensor is inside the oil pan, mounted to it and it is a huge job at 20.3 hours to replace 2014 Cadillac XTS V6-3.6L Parts and Labor Vehicle Sensors and Switches Sensors and Switches - [Engine](/topics-engine-cadillac/) Oil Level Sensor Parts and Labor PARTS AND LABOR Parts OEM PART # PRICE Senders Oil Level Sensor 12639127 40.21 Labor SKILL WARRANTY STANDARD Remove & Replace Senders Oil Level Sensor, R&R 20.3 hours Thanks for using Just Answer and letting me help you. I hope I provided what you needed. If you find more help is still needed, let me know by listing out any remaining questions you have on this concern. I hope the remainder of your day is well.

Its mounted insideeven with the electrical connectionthat doesnt sound very safei am pretty good with fixing cars i have always repaired them myself
Automotive Expert
HI, yes, it is mounted inside - see attached Many auto manufacturers do that type of design As I stated, it is 20.3 hours. The engine MUST be removed for this job.

Does the whole oil pan have to come out
Automotive Expert
Hi, yes. Once again, 20.3 hours labor - remove the engine. There are not shortcuts on this one

I suppose i have the crossmember in the way
Automotive Expert
HI, lots of things in the way. If you are planning to do this yourself, then you will want to get a subscription to AllDataDIY.com that will walk you thru it and have all the torque specs

what would happen ifbi just left it alone and checked my oiL all the time
Automotive Expert
HI, Nothing. As long as you check the oil level routinely, there are no adverse issues from not replacing it