Q: Buying air wrench

I need to purchase an air wrench. I’m looking for a half-inch wrench. Can you point me into the right direction and let me know what to look for and what brand is good?

A: You rarely see me use them because my video...

You rarely see me use them because my videos are basically made for do-it-yourself kind of guys. I’ve got all kinds of air tools and I use them all the time but I don’t use them much in my videos since a lot of guys don’t have them.

There are two types of air wrench tools. You can go economy and go with a brand like Harbor Freight tools. They sell these earthquake impacts and they are not bad. When they are on sale, you can get them for as little as 79 bucks. I’ve got one and it’s not bad.

But if you want to go higher quality, I’ve got an air cap wrench that costs 199 dollars. I love the air cap wrench, it’s quieter, it puts on a ton more torque and it’s got a lubrication point, so I can lubricate it and it can last forever.

The Harbor Freight earthquake has no lubrication point so you can’t lubricate it and it wears out. So, if you are serious, get an air cap. Air caps are good for $199. I use mine all the time, and my neighbors love it too, because they’re so much quieter than the old one.