Q: Broken head gasket

I have a cracked head gasket and trying to see what to do. Due to it being cracked my car overheats and smokes a lot in the back.

3. Broken head gasket

Q: My car idles low and shakes inside.

Hi there. From the description you have provided this is most likely an idle control issue. Assuming, the Check Engine Light is not on, leads me to believe the ECM (engine control module) is not recognizing the fault. The throttle...

Q: Dash lights are out on my Ford Ranger.

Check the ground wiring under the dashboard to see if it is loose. A loose or broken wire will cause electrical issues with the dash lights and cigarette lighter to not work. If you need further assistance with your electrical...

Q: Recently, shifter has started to get stiff when trying to change gears. It's normally smooth, what are the possible problems?

Hi there. Under most circumstances, a new clutch is typically adjusted after an initial break in period, so it's quite possible that your stiff shifting issue is due to a minor clutch adjustment. It's also common for professional mechanics to...