Q: Brake caliper piston loose from fitting. Also leaking fluid from piston gasket on piston doesn't go all the way in when compressed

Brake caliper piston loose from fitting. Also leaking fluid from piston and gasket on piston doesn't go all the way in when compressed. When bleeding the driver side caliper piston leaks brake fluid. It's only the lower piston of the two on the caliper. Got it back in place but rubber boot or gasket isn't properly inside the hole with the piston.

If the caliper is leaking, the most effective course is to disassemble it, inspect the bore, and re-assemble it with new seals. It is unlikely a leak will be resolved by any "external" measures. If you desire a resolution, please schedule service using YourMechanic’s caliper service page. The mechanic will offer you the least costly option, that is refurbishment versus rebuild, once the mechanic can closely inspect what you have. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this diagnosed and resolved, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. Brake caliper piston loose from fitting. Also leaking fluid from piston gasket on piston doesn't go all the way in when compressed