Q: Bought it second hand, maybe two or three cranks to start and won't pass 3000 rpm?

It struggles to start and takes very long to even get up to 3000 rpm and feels like the transmission isn't shifting

A: Hi there. The difficulty starting and lack ...

Hi there. The difficulty starting and lack of power could be fuel starvation caused by, a faulty fuel pump, a faulty fuel pressure regulator, or a restricted/plugged fuel filter. There is also the possibility of a restricted exhaust, ie; a restricted/plugged catalytic converter. The engine performance concern needs to be addressed before any transmission diagnoses can be performed. There several other possibilities for hard starting and a lack of power. Replacing components without proper diagnoses, can be expensive and time consuming without resolution. I recommend having your vehicle’s slow to accelerate be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.