Q: BlueTooth Announcing Texts

I am having problems controlling my Blue Tooth on my 2014 Dodge Dart. When my phone is connected my car announces text messages. I don't want my car to do this. But I still want to be able to make calls. Do you know what I can do to stop the car from announcing text messages when I want to make phone calls? Thank you.

I would recommend looking in your 2014 Dodge Dart’s owner’s manual to see if there are any bluetooth programming options available to you. If so, I would just go into the settings menu and change the bluetooth system to not announce your text messages out loud.

If the owner’s manual is of no help to you, I would recommend having your vehicle looked at by someone who is proficient in diagnosing electronic issues on newer Dodge vehicles. This diagnosis may require a specific radio testing scan tool that only Dodge people might possess. If your radio unit turns out to be the cause of this issue, I would recommend having it replaced, or simply opt to not use your bluetooth with other friends in the car. It is also possible that there could be a setting on your phone in the bluetooth menu that may be able to turn that feature off.