Q: Best approach to removing ac compressor

I'm trying to determine the prescribed method and sequence for removing my ac compressor and replacing it. I can't determine if it should be removed and brought up through the top or dropped down through the bottom. So I'd like to know how the shop would approach it and what steps in terms of what other parts have to be moved or removed in order to get to all the ac compressor bolts and get it removed with the least amount of disruption to other parts.

You have to remove the power steering pump and fan shroud to be able to get the compressor out from the top. This would be the easiest way to access it and have it removed. If you need further with installation or replacement of the A/C compressor, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to perform this service for you.