Q: Battery light came on..turned car off..now it won't start..what's the issue?

asked by on August 13, 2017

Drove 4 miles after the battery light came on..dash lights went off..car was still running..turned car off and it won't start without a jump..

Battery Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote
Alternator Replacement $151.62 - $1237.14 Get a Quote
Battery Replacement $232.05 - $347.15 Get a Quote

When the battery light comes on, this may indicate you may have a faulty alternator or a weak battery as a result of the alternator not properly charging the battery. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to perform a series of tests on your vehicle’s charging system to determine the proper repairs needed.

When the red battery light comes on, this usually indicates that the alternator is no longer charging the battery. I would recommend having your alternator tested verify that itbhas failed. Consider YourMechanic as this service can be completed at your home or office.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr