Q: Battery light and break light on at the same time???

Yesterday, I turned my car on and as I was driving both the break and battery light came on. Throughout my drive these lights would blink occasionally, turn off, but then proceed to come back on whenever I touched the break. After work I had turned my car on and started to drive home, and as I was driving the radio turned off, my heat turned off, my headlights started to dim, and my speedometer stopped showing me how fast I was going. When I got home I shut my car off and tried to restart it but the battery had died. I jumped the car and the lights were still on. This morning I went to start the car and it had died again.. The battery won't hold charge.

It sounds like you may have a weak battery, a failing voltage regulator or failing alternator. As you may know, the alternator is responsible for charging the battery while the engine runs by generating amperage and recharging the battery while the engine turns the alternator. The voltage regulator is a unit that regulates the charging of the battery by the alternator and maintaining a certain amperage while the engine runs. When the alternator is not working properly, this may result in the battery quickly losing charge and the car losing all power as you have described. You may also notice a whining sound as a result of the bearings inside the alternator begin to fail. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your charging system.

3. Battery light and break light on at the same time???