Q: Battery, abs and ac compressor after repair of hose?

I just replaced my power steering hose (high pressure hose) and everything was fine. No more power steering leak! :D It drove fine the next day with no problems. however, the very next night, I tried to run to the store and the ABS light came on and my battery gauge was showing no charge. I turned around, parked at the house and shut it off. It wouldnt start after that. This morning, I got it to start, but light was still on and gauge was just above absolute zero. I gave it gas and as the rpms went up, it started acting like I was pumping the gas pedal. Then the ac compressor started to smoke. (AC works great though) HELP!@!!!!

When you had the power steering pressure hose blow it must of sprayed power steering fluid all over the engine. The oil would have soaked the belts, alternator, wiring, A/C compressor, and everything else in the engine compartment.

I would suggest shutting the engine down, disconnecting the battery, and creating a mixture of dish detergent and water. Using a spray bottle, soak down the entire engine and belts. Soak the engine good and then let sit for about 10 minutes but do not let it dry. Then using a low pressure hose spray down the entire engine starting from the top. Let the engine dry for a couple of hours or use compressed air to blow dry the engine and let dry completely before reconnecting battery.

Afterwards, I would then restart the engine and clear any codes it may have to see if any problems continue. If the issue persists, I’d consider contacting a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic to diagnose your starting issue for you.