Q: Battery, abs and ac compressor after repair of hose?

I just replaced my power steering hose (high pressure hose) and everything was fine. No more power steering leak! :D It drove fine the next day with no problems. however, the very next night, I tried to run to the store and the ABS light came on and my battery gauge was showing no charge. I turned around, parked at the house and shut it off. It wouldnt start after that. This morning, I got it to start, but light was still on and gauge was just above absolute zero. I gave it gas and as the rpms went up, it started acting like I was pumping the gas pedal. Then the ac compressor started to smoke. (AC works great though) HELP!@!!!!

A: When you had the power steering pressure ho...

When you had the power steering pressure hose blow it must of sprayed power steering fluid all over the engine. The oil would have soaked the belts, alternator, wiring, A/C compressor, and everything else in the engine compartment.

I would suggest shutting the engine down, disconnecting the battery, and creating a mixture of dish detergent and water. Using a spray bottle, soak down the entire engine and belts. Soak the engine good and then let sit for about 10 minutes but do not let it dry. Then using a low pressure hose spray down the entire engine starting from the top. Let the engine dry for a couple of hours or use compressed air to blow dry the engine and let dry completely before reconnecting battery.

Afterwards, I would then restart the engine and clear any codes it may have to see if any problems continue. If the issue persists, I'd consider contacting a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic to diagnose your starting issue for you.