Q: Banging noise in rear going over bumps, mechanic said struts and struts mounts are fine.

Banging noise in rear going over bumps, mechanic said struts and struts mounts are fine. Noise is similar is to trunk banging or loose spare tire

Considering that this vehicle has independent rear suspension, it is possible that a rear ball joint, toe adjuster, or control arm bushing has some play. This will cause a noise very similar to what you are hearing. It is also possible that your wheel could be loose. I would recommend having a steering and suspension inspection performed by a qualified professional to determine what parts have failed. I would strongly recommend having any faulty parts replaced and an alignment performed as soon as possible as this could result in a safety issue.

3. Banging noise in rear going over bumps, mechanic said struts and struts mounts are fine.