Q: Bad interior in my truck

The dashboard cracked on my 2009 Chevrolet Silverado pickup. I noticed that some of the interior and exterior plastic pieces like door handles and some of the fasteners were kind of flimsy. I have had old trucks with cracked dashes before, but this truck only has 45,000 miles on it! Way too new for this to be normal. What’s the best way to fix this?

You are not alone in having issues with plastic parts of the interior or exterior of GM vehicles. The cracks in your dash panel and door handles breaking are common, but no recalls were found for any of the trim issues you are having. My suggestion for you, would be to talk to your dealer and try to get them to cover or assist with cost of replacement of the dash assembly. You should try this first before paying for the replacement yourself. GM may not cover total cost but may help with the costs to you. If GM will not assist then contact YourMechanic for replacing cracked or broken items of your interior and exterior. To stop the cracks or breaking of some of the items like door handles, I have seen some aftermarket replacement parts that are better quality and have a lower failure rate than the more expensive factory parts. Contact YourMechanic for your options on your particular repairs.

3. Bad interior in my truck